2020 Erasmus Mundus International SERP-Chem Master Scholarship Program
Deadline: February 15, 2020
The SERP+ master was created after years of successful training of students in the SERP-Chem master in order to answer the new societal challenges.
The International SERP-Chem master is a two-year programme in Surface, Electro, Radiation, and Photo-Chemistry with elements of Management, Business, Innovation and Valorisation, Communication and Patent law. It was created in 2008 and obtained the excellence Erasmus Mundus label in 2010. It welcomed about 140 students coming from more than 40 different countries.
1. Applicants should have or should be in process to get a Bachelor degree at the time of the application.
2. Eligible topics: Chemistry, Physical-Chemistry, Materials Science and Related topics.
3. Non eligible topics: Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Food, Biology, Pharmacy, Mechanical Engineering.
4. Please note that applicants already holding a master degree can be accepted in the second year of the master at Paris-Saclay University. PhD students and PhD holders are not eligible.
5. The academic year within the SERP+ master starts at the very beginning of September. In order to be able to join us in September, you should at least graduate at the end of the academic year (e.g. June, July or August). The proof of the Bachelor degree (diploma or certificate) will be required for enrolment at the university.
6. Applicants with a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is not English is required to provide an official English score report (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge certificates). Awards and external references and other criteria will also be taken into account.
7. Applications submitted before the deadline for the Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus will automatically be considered for this scholarship. Applications received after this deadline will be evaluated for other potential scholarships or self-financed students.
8. Please note that applicants already holding a master degree can be accepted in the second year of the master at Paris-Sud University.
1. Contribution to travel and installation cost
2. Contribution to tuition fees
3. Monthly allowance
1. All documents must be in English. Only certified translations will be accepted. All documents translated to English must come with a copy of the original document. Original transcripts of records and degree certificates in French, Italian, Portuguese and Polish can be accepted.
2. All documents must be uploaded as a PDF file.
3. All documents must be uploaded through the online application form. Documents cannot be sent by post or email.
4. During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following information:
- Your CV (2 pages maximum) as a PDF file
- Be prepare to explain in a maximum of 250 words: your motivation for joining the SERP+ Master, Your mobility in the programme and your career objectives. This will be directly entered in the application plateform not as a PDF file.
- Your grades as PDF file. Upload your grades since the first year of your Bachelor studies (including an explanation of the grading system used at your university). Only official, signed and stamped transcripts of records will be taken into consideration. Student copies or any other non-official documents will be disregarded. If you already hold a Master degree, please upload the grades that you have obtained during both your Bachelor and your Master degrees.
- Bachelor or Master degree diploma/certificate as PDF file (if you already obtained it)
- Passport (or identity card for students from the European Union) as PDF file
- Proof of your place of residency as PDF file. This can be a certificate from your place of study (e.g. student card), work (e.g. contract), or a residence certificate in accordance with your municipality registration, issued less that 12 months before the application deadline.
- Proof of english proficiency
Please note that an applicant from an institution where the language of instruction is English is not required to provide any official test results. In that case, you must upload a document certifying it (transcript of records, letter of your institution, etc.). In all other cases, the applicant must provide one of the following tests:
- Paper Based Test: 550 or higher
- Computer Based Test: 213 or higher
- Internet Based Test: 82 or higher
- IELTS: 6.0 points or higher
- Cambridge Certificates: Cambridge English First (FCE), Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE). If you have any doubt, please contact us before applying.
If you have any doubt, please contact us before applying.
- Recommendation letter on letterhead paper and hand signed (optional)
- Contact details of a referee. This referee must be able to evaluate your scientific knowledge (e.g. professor or internship supervisor). The SERP+ office will contact him/her in order to request a recommendation letter. This is your responsibility to ensure that your referee will answer our request on time. In addition, please note that the referee must have a valid institutional email address. All Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail email addresses will be disregarded. As soon as the status of your application is “Checked”, this means that an email has been sent to your referee. If he/she has not received anything, your referee needs to check the spambox and will have 2 weeks to submit a recommendation in your favour.