2020 Eisenhower Fellowships Women’s Leadership Program
Deadline: February 24, 2020.
Each year, Eisenhower Fellowships seeks diverse, dynamic doers to join its influential global network of nearly 1,600 active Fellows. This application process is highly competitive. They seek ambitious, disciplined rising leaders with the vision to make the world a better place as well as the ability to create and implement a concrete plan to make that vision a reality post-fellowship. Fellows represent all professional sectors – private, public and nonprofit – and hail from any number of careers, from journalism to the military to higher education to private corporations to the theater and beyond. What all Fellows share, regardless of their professional background or nationality, is a desire to make meaningful positive change in the world in collaboration with peers across sectors and borders. Successful candidates are eager to leverage the global network of Eisenhower Fellowships and engage, over their lifetime as an Eisenhower Fellow, in constructive projects and initiatives designed to enhance the values of Eisenhower Fellowships: peace, prosperity and justice.
1. The fellowship is aimed at mid-career leaders who have a demonstrated track record of accomplishment as well as the potential to go further and beyond their chosen field.
2. Typically, Fellows range between 32 and 45 years of age at the time of fellowship. This age range has proven to be most amenable to the fellowship experience, with Fellows having attained the maturity to take advantage of the program and represent Eisenhower Fellowships abroad, as well as draw upon the experience to catapult them forward as thought leaders and influencers for years to come.
3. Applications received from candidates outside of this age range will be considered, but their likelihood of selection is less.
4. Eisenhower Fellowships only accepts individual applications, and does not support fellowship programs for couples/partners.
5. EF does not support dissertation research or research while the candidate is still in school. Fellowships cannot be used to solicit funds or function as an extended business trip.