2020 East-West Center Asia Pacific Leadership Program
Deadline: November 15, 2019.
The Asia Pacific Leadership Program brings together people who want to co-create the future as self-reflective, resilient agents. Using experiential, place-based learning with a focus on equity, cohorts of leaders practice leadership strategies in nurturing environments.
For nearly 20 years, we have been cultivating leaders who are motivated and capable of creating positive impact in the Asia Pacific region. Incoming fellows join a network of 653 APLP alumni from 45 countries across the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree – applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- At least 5 years of work experience
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Indo-Asia Pacific region through professional work, study or living experience
- There are no citizenship, age, or ethnicity restrictions.
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- Willingness to engage fully in experiential leadership development training
- Deep involvement in a specific organization, business or community impact initiative (applicants must explain how, with their home-setting teams, they will experiment with the leadership strategies learned in APLP)
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.
All APLP participants are granted a generous APLP Entry Fellowship by the East-West Center to cover the majority of program expenses. Regarding the supplemental costs of participation in the APLP (accommodation, living expenses etc.), a number of East-West Center funding opportunities are available.