2020 DFID Open Call: Building Resilient Health Systems through the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
Deadline: June 18, 2020.
As part of the COVIDaction initiative, the Department for International Development (DFID) and its partners are pleased to announce the launch of the Resilient Health Systems Open Call for Innovations. The Open Call will explore the role of technology and innovations in supporting countries and their development partners to build resilient health systems as they respond to the COVID-19 crisis.
The Open Call aims to focus attention and build community around an important part of the pandemic response: the maintenance of essential health services (RMNCAH, noncommunicable diseases, nutrition, malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, etc.). These services are threatened by reduced access and limited utilisation due to resources being diverted for COVID-19 response, population hesitancy to seek care, postponement of routine and elective services, among other reasons.
They are interested in data and technology innovations that:
- Respond to country demand and address a well-defined challenge, linked to a particular country/context in Africa and/or South Asia.
- Offer a replicable and effective solution. Evidence of effectiveness (and cost-effectiveness) in improving reach, coordination, and continuity of services is desired.
- Are ready to be deployed. (We are not looking for innovations in the proof-of-concept stage.)
- Are feasible for adaptation (as necessary), implementation, integration with the public and private sector, and/or implementation at scale. Scaling up plans are encouraged, along with potential cost implications.
- Optimise existing systems through improved processes/platforms, management structures, partnerships, capacity building, country-led change processes, etc.
- Offer potential longer-term, wider health system benefits, relevant for strengthening the delivery of health services beyond the pandemic.
Selected applicants will receive:
- Catalytic financing up to £200,000 from DFID to helpadapt, integrate, and scale your solution.
- Inclusion in Resilient Health Systems Innovation matchmaking events for onward collaboration between donors, investors, and the most promising innovations.
- Connections to world leading experts for how best to adapt, integrate, and scale your solution.
To apply, please see here. Expect to spend 1 hour to complete the form.