2020 DCMS International Tech Hub Network’s Go Global Africa Program for Innovative Startups
Deadline: February 3, 3030.
The International Tech Hub Network’s Go Global Africa returns in 2020, following the success of the inaugural network-wide programme last year. Some of the most innovative startups working in FinTech, AgriTech, HealthTech and Clean Energy from across Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa will be invited to join in-country masterclasses as well as a UK programme.
Go Global Africa aims to give the entrepreneurs from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who have developed products that are ready to go to market and raised investment the tools they need to grow their business globally, build links with the UK’s thriving digital sector and pave the way for future economic partnerships.
Applications are open to tech startups from Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet ALL of the following criteria:
1. Work in one of the following four verticals: AgriTech, FinTech, HealthTech or Clean Energy
2. Post-MVP stage, fully operating in market
3. Can demonstrate a clear business model with evidence of customer traction
4. Looking to raise their first round of funding
5. Can demonstrate clear social impact potential
6. Can demonstrate commitment to strengthen the local ecosystem by passing on learnings to other startups
7. Ambition to expand internationally in the future
1. Flights, accommodation and meals for both the in-country masterclass and the UK programme will be covered by the International Tech Hub Network.
2. The Network will support and pay for your visa, although it is the participant’s responsibility to organise the application with sufficient time.
1. Film a video pitch explaining your product and value proposition, and how you will use this opportunity to benefit your startup and wider community
2. Upload this video to Youtube and include the link to your video when completing the form below
*video must not exceed 60 seconds
*video must be camera-facing not narrated
*video must feature the representative who would travel to the UK if successful
*video must be hosted on Youtube (we cannot accept any other formats, or links to shared folders)