2020 D4Ag Capacity Development Training Program for AgriTech Startups
Deadline: July 26, 2020.
If you are an African start-up with a digital solution in the agricultural sector, then this training is for you! We will show you the benefits of integrating, bundling and supplementing your product or service with complementary data and solutions from other providers.
Their dedicated D4Ag training program will empower entrepreneurs with all the skills required to integrating their D4Ag solution with data and services from other providers via digital platforms. The training will focus on three technical areas relevant for platform integration:
- Value Proposition & Business Modelling
This module will focus on creating a joint value proposition and a mutual beneficial business model resulting out of the integration of the individual D4Ag solution onto a digital platform. You will learn how to define the value proposition of both parties and how to adapt your business model within the platform setting.
- Technical Interoperability
This module will focus on the use and design of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) as key for interoperability between systems.The module will be taught in three consecutive levels: The basic class focuses on the fundamentals of APIs, in the intermediate class you will use some APIs firsthand and the masterclass will discuss how you can integrate APIs in your product and also provides you with an introduction into Graph QL and data streaming solutions.
- Data Analytics & Visualization
This module will introduce essential skills in data analytics and visualization. The module will also be taught in three consecutive levels: The basic class covers fundamental aspects of data structure and data storage, while in the intermediary class you will learn analytic skills and some of the most widely used statistical methods (e.g. correlations) as well as how to use data for predictions. The masterclass focuses on data visualization and how to build visual dashboards.
1. The training will be open to up to 40 selected start-ups with digital products or services relevant for the agricultural sector.
2. If you are an African start-up in the AgTech sector, have a digital product or service on the market and are generating revenue, then you can apply
3. They strongly encourage female entrepreneurship. It will be considered an advantage, if your founding team includes one or more female entrepreneurs.
1. During the training you will use weather and earth observation data in Africa and get ‘hands-on’ experience on how to apply your skills in practice.
2. As part of the training you gain free access to both accurate weather and high-resolution earth observation data in Africa to enhance your product with weather-based and satellite-based insights.
3. You will not only receive access to data, but access will be provided with accompanying meteorological and technical support during the trial phase.
4. Data access to weather data will be provided by The Weather Company, an IBM business, for a period of 5 months. UP42, a geospatial developer platform, will provide access to Earth observation data and analytics with a volume of 10,000 free credits, valid for 12 months.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://make-it-initiative.org/africa/activities/oem/d4ag/