2020 ConnectHer Girls Impact the World Film Festival Competition
Deadline: January 20, 2020.
The Girls Impact the World Film Festival is an annual event that focuses on issues facing women and girls around the world. High school and undergraduate students, submit your 3-6 minute short films that address global women’s issues such as: education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls, and a variety of other issues
1. Students enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs are qualified to enter.
2. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university. (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.)
3. Filmmakers must be 25 years old or under by the submission date of January 20, 2020
Winners will be awarded over $25K in prizes! The Red Carpet Event for the 2020 awards ceremony will be held in Austin, TX, USA – date TBD
- Films must be 3 to 6 minutes long.
– They must focus on a Girls Impact the World topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic.
- Films must be created after January 1, 2019.
- Be an original film that does NOT contain copyrighted material.
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All Girls Impact the World Film Festival film submission must be original works made entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input.
- Actors and film subjects may be non-students.
- Powerpoints will not be accepted.