2020 Connected Development (CODE) Finance Assistant Recruitment for Nigerians
Deadline: February 20, 2020.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress. To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
Under the leadership of the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting and administrative support services to Staff.
1. Assist in ensuring that staff have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all of Donor’s and CODE’s requirements and policies.
2. Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for CODE’s Office.
3. Help ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
4. Process all banking activities, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
5. Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
6. In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with CODE’s financial management policies
1. Level of Education – B.Sc /HND or equivalent
2. Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts
3. Minimum 2 years post NYSC experience
4. Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
5. Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
6. Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
7. Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)