2020 Commonwealth Writers Internship Programme, London
Deadline: June 16, 2020.
Commonwealth Writers believes in the transformative power of creative expression in all its forms. They work with local and international partners to identify and deliver a wide range of cultural projects. Their activities take place in Commonwealth countries, but their community is global.
1. The individual should have strong writing skills, research abilities, experience of working with websites and using social media platforms, the ability to meet tight deadlines, a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong administration skills.
2. They are looking for an Intern to work for our dynamic cultural programme, Commonwealth Writers.
3. The internship will be London-based and support programme activities, in particular: two websites, www.commonwealthwriters.org and www.addastories.org; and various projects including the Commonwealth Short Story Prize and craft development initiatives.
4. You will also be part of the wider internship programme, which includes internship projects that work across the whole Foundation.
Allowance and duration:
- Five days per week, 9.30am to 5.30pm. Flexibility around these timings can be discussed if, for example, the intern is undertaking part-time studying or similar commitments. A minimum of a total of four days is required
- Six months’ duration with the possibility of extension to a maximum of one year
- £55 per day
- Travel allowance (commuting to and from the office) to a maximum of £20 per day is available
- As an internship, this does not constitute employment with the Foundation. There are no payments for bank holiday, privilege days or sickness. There is a limited holiday allowance
- The Intern is included fully in any external training opportunities (including conference attendance) and appropriate internal learning and development programmes.
- Assistance is given where possible to aid the Intern in securing a permanent role in another organisation at the end of their internship. If there was a suitable vacancy at the Foundation, the intern can apply, however, there is no guarantee of any role at the end of the internship.