2020 CIDRZ Call for Applications for Masters (MSc) and Doctoral (PhD) Fellowships
Deadline: July 8, 2020.
The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ) is a non-governmental research organisation working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and supports work across 300 health facilities in the country. It is renowned for its work in HIV and TB prevention, care, and treatment, as well as more recent work on vaccines and diarrhoea under the Enteric disease and Vaccines development research unit (EDVRU). The unit provides a platform for state-of-the-art technologies and research support environment (i.e. research methodology and analyses) which can be utilized effectively for vaccine discovery, and early development and testing of clinical products including vaccine evaluation.
With funding from the European and Developing countries Clinical Trial Partnership, the EDVRU calls for applications for the award of an MSc and PhD by research from suitably qualified individuals. Qualified individuals will be required to be registered with a recognised university.
Working under the Principal Investigators and Laboratory Lead and in close collaboration with other team members in the lab and the clinics, the student(s) also will oversee their specific project’s aspects on the study (i.e. data collection, sample collection, processing and storage, development of assays and testing samples etc.).
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure accurate collection of data, processing, and storage of study samples from study clinic to central lab
- Set up and pilot study assays
- Run all the study related assays
- Analyze data
- Participate in development of manuscript to submission
- Other study related tasks as assigned by PI
- Manuscript(s) for publication
- Thesis for PhD/ MSc at a recognized university in the School of Biomedical Sciences
interested applicants are required to submit the following documents
- Two (2) paged summary of proposed research work to be undertaken during the PhD/MSc program
- Current curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letters from at least 2 academic and/or professional referees.
Applications should be sent with the subject line Applications for Masters (MSc) and Doctoral (PhD) Fellowships to [email protected]