2020 Chevening Research, Science, and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP)
Deadline: October 9, 2019.
The Chevening Research, Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP) is aimed at mid-career professionals with very high potential in the fields of science, innovation, and business from India and Sri Lanka.
The main academic strands of the ten-week CRISP Fellowship include science, innovation, leadership and management, as well as wider issues including global challenges, politics, and international relations. The modules aim to:
- Develop an understanding of the UK science field and a range of innovation management processes
- Explore the interactions between research, innovation, and economic development
- Research and present a business plan based on individual interests and experience
- Visit a wide range of UK institutions, research institutes, and businesses, and start building professional networks
- Take part in a varied cultural programme, and explore potential insights from the arts to the working environment
- This fellowship programme will commence in April 2020.
To be eligible for a Chevening CRISP Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India or Sri Lanka and currently live in the country
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying
- Have demonstrable commitment to innovation, and the experience and aptitude to contribute to the programme.
- Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering or technology, or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor)
- Not hold British or dual British citizenship
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the fellowship
Successful individuals may have significant experience as:
- Executives of service companies, manufacturing businesses, or state-owned companies
- Entrepreneurs and individuals who serve and fund the entrepreneurial community
- Research scientists
- Academics and public-sector employees
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from India or Sri Lanka to the UK