2020 Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) Youth in Landscapes Network Internship
Deadline: February 8, 2020.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Yaoundé, Cameroon; Lima, Peru; and Bonn, Germany.
The primary objective of the Youth in Landscapes Network Intern is to facilitate the growth of the network through community building, promotion, and ensuring that programs serve the broader youth community through working with the GLF Youth Coordinator.
- Coordinate regularly with the Youth in Landscapes Steering Committee and GLF Youth Coordinator (weekly meetings);
- Assist in creating and delivering youth programs at GLF events (and other partners’ events), as well as long-term youth programs;
- Maintain all Youth in Landscapes pages on the GLF website;
- Assist in knowledge management, and regularly update activities and information of YIL partner organizations – International Forestry Students’ Association (IFSA), Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), Global Agro Ecology Alliance (GAEA), and others;
- Lead outreach to associate partners and youth organizations;
- Facilitate engagement and network building on social media (YIL Facebook groups and pages);
- Craft communications materials, and regularly promote new opportunities;
- Undertake other key tasks and administration related to young people and GLF as they arise.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Currently enrolled in, or recently obtained, an M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Nature Conservation, or similar field;
• Strong organizational and communication skills;
• Experience with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development, or event-management is an asset;
• Experience with WordPress and social media is an asset;
• Experienced and/or comfortable with remote work.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Creative and passionate about changing the world;
• Be self-motivated, resourceful and energetic;
• Be able to find creative solutions;
• Value attention to detail;
• Be a team player with great interpersonal communications skills;
• Have a proven ability to work well under pressure;
• Has obtained the rights to work in Europe.
1. CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance. The stipend or living allowance provided to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
2. The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
To apply, please visit our career site at: