2020 Cargill Global Scholars Program (CGSP) for Undergraduate Students in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia & United States.
Deadline: Varies by Country
The Cargill Global Scholars Program (CGSP) is a distinctive, two-year scholarship program that provides financial support to undergraduate students in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia, and the United States. The CGSP offers leadership development opportunities through seminars, networking events and a one-on-one mentoring program facilitated by Cargill volunteers globally, and an alumni network that will help you keep connected with past, current, and future scholars.
The students selected are those who demonstrate exemplary academic achievement and leadership potential and study in a field relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management. We believe these students will become leaders in industries and fields that may have an impact on Cargill’s businesses in the future.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields (see each country’s guidelines)
- Are from a disadvantaged or underrepresented group within their country
Each Cargill Global Scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded In-Country Seminar (Year 1) and Global Seminar (Year 2).
- Receive mentorship by Cargill employees to help the scholars identify short and long term academic and goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and communication by email and phone.
- Participate in a series of experiential learning modules, leadership development training, coupled with network opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars Alumni community