2020 Caravan Africa Entrepreneurship Program for Young Innovators in Mauritius.
Deadline: April 24, 2020.
The Caravan Entrepreneurship Program (CEP), the flagship program of Caravan Africa Project, provides a comprehensive framework to accelerate industrialisation and create mass employment for young people on the African continent by interlinking local value chains to create cross-border ecosystems of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) capacities and micro-entrepreneurial skills which through synergies can CREATE JOBS, DRIVE TRADE & BOOST INTEGRATION for GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS.
The Caravan Entrepreneurship Program (CEP) is being pioneered by AfroChampions Initiative with funding from the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA). CEP will create the necessary capacity building support for micro-entrepreneurs to develop STEM-focused value chains to address challenges and opportunities in strategic industries – agriculture, textiles and manufacturing – within Mauritius.
- Applicants must be Mauritian and be older than 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have knowledge and understanding of the value chain within which the business operates.
- Applicants must demonstrate potential for replication and growth of their value chain product or service to create jobs and wealth.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers and resources.
- Ability to allocate time and resources to participate in the Project, including attending periodic meetings, and implementation of field testing/pilot project in East Africa.
- Get our Field Accelerator to grow your business.
- Selected applicants will work with research institutes and other experts to refine their products and business models.
- Selected applicants will obtain market access and branding support.
- Selected applicants will ride on the “Caravan” meta-brand to tap positive consumer sentiment.
- Selected applicants will have access to high-level support network in private & public sectors.
- Selected applicants will have access to funding and mentoring support to scale value chain products.
- All costs related to this program will be covered by Afrochampions Initiative and its partners.
Please click here to apply.