2020 Bush Foundation Fellowship Program
Deadline: October 24, 2019.
The Bush Fellowship is a recognition of your accomplishments and support for your potential. It is an investment in you, so that you can make a difference in your community.As a Fellow, you define your own vision and create a unique Fellowship plan to learn the skills and build the relationships that will help you make your vision a reality. We encourage you to think bigger and differently about what is possible for yourself and your communities.
To be eligible for a Bush Fellowship you must be:
- at least 24 years old at the time of the application deadline.
- a resident who lives in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or one of the 23 Native nations that shares the same geography, for one continuous year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- You are ineligible if you have previously received a Bush Fellowship, Bush Artist Fellowship, Bush Leadership Fellowship, Bush Medical Fellowship or Enduring Vision Award.
The Fellowship is a flexible grant of up to $100,000 intended to help you strengthen and develop your leadership. It gives you the resources and time you need to reflect, build your leadership skills and learn new ways to make a positive impact.
- Record of success: You make the most of opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. You continuously find ways to have more impact inside your job and/or outside your job. You are persistent and resilient in the face of difficulty.
- Outstanding character: You are admired and respected by others. You demonstrate integrity and generosity of spirit.
- Active Learner: You recognize your own strengths and weaknesses. You seek and incorporate feedback. You have an inquiring mind, actively searching out new ideas and new experiences to broaden your perspective and increase your effectiveness.
- You demonstrate the vision and the drive to be extraordinary in your leadership and the capacity to make a far greater impact in your community affecting larger scale changes than you are making now. You are committed to working to benefit people and communities in MN, ND, SD and the 23 Native nations that share the geography.
- You clearly articulate how the Fellowship will be transformative to changing or accelerating your trajectory in your career and life. You clearly articulate how you will be a stronger, more effective leader after the Fellowship than you are today.