2020 BudgIT Civic Hive Media Fellowship Program for Journalists
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
The BudgIT Media fellowship program started the year 2017, where it featured journalists who were focused on writing human-angle stories that raised advocacy on topics like budget access, project tracking, use of extractive revenues, social justice, anti-corruption, open governments, and transparency. BudgIT’s platform helped to give voice to the stories and backed stories up with real time data. We are focused on telling stories that will give results to advocacy issues to make the society a better place and create a more egalitarian society that works for all.
This year, the Civic Hive Media fellowship program will be more focused on stories on Gender Inequality, Health, People with special needs, Agriculture, Education, Social Investment programs, civic issues, and the extractive industry.
1. hey are looking for stories that will advance and bring attention to transparency, accountability, and civic engagement in these thematic sectors.
2. They do not mind the scale of the stories – local or international – and we are open to the diverse use of technology – radio, text, print, IoT, machine learning, artificial intelligence or social media – as a channel to disseminate the stories.
3. They are more focused on the impact on the people, the sustainability of ideas to deliver value and the unrelenting spirit of the journalists.
1. They will provide a monthly stipend of N150,000 meant to cover feeding and logistics.
2. They will also hold rounds of engagements with stakeholders on the ideas to receive feedback and potential support. Other sessions on Centring People in your stories, Storytelling for journalists, Making sense of the data, Data Visualisation Tools, Multimedia storytelling will be handled by the civic hive team.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://civichive.org/2020-civic-hive-media-fellowship-program/