2020 British Council Future News Worldwide for Young Journalists Worldwide
Deadline: February 14, 2020.
British Council are looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 – 16 July 2020.
Future News Worldwide 2020 will take place on 14 and 15 July at Sky’s global headquarters in London. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
Before starting your application, have the following documents to hand:
- Professional reference from your editor, manager, teacher or past employer
- English language qualification certificate (if you have one).