2020 British Council FestivalConnect for Festivals in the UK and SSA
Deadline: February 5, 2020.
FestivalConnect 2020 is open to festivals in the UK and SSA*. It facilitates connections, exchanges and showcases contemporary arts between UK and SSA festivals across art forms and at a scaled ambition. They believe festivals are unique environments and make for condensed and intense experiences, and we would like to see ambitious and experimental projects fostered through this call. This requires a partnership between two festivals, one in SSA and one in the UK, but does not necessarily have to take place at both festivals, or it could be programming new art or creative work by young international artists
- Festival to Festival– Supporting exchange between Festivals who would benefit from connecting and sharing with each other, creatively and professionally.
- Festival to Artist & Creatives – Supporting festivals to programme artists and creatives from SSA and the UK, so more SSA and UK 18-35-year-old’s have access to take part, collaborate and showcase their creative work with audiences of that country.
- FestivalConnect 2020 is open to festivals in the UK and SSA
East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
Southern Africa: Botswana, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
West Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leonne, Senegal
UK: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales
- Your proposal value should be between 10,000 – 20,000 GBP (or the equivalent in local currency)
- A confirmed partnership or booking between festivals, organisations or artists
- Proposals must be festival led
- Your proposal must address one or more of the expected outcomes
- Your proposal must have one partner in SSA and one in the UK
- If you are proposing to programme artists, the artist needs to come from the reciprocating country (ie UK or SSA)
- The activity should take place between May 2020 and May 2021
- The festivals involved should have presented a minimum of three iterations of its festival
- Your project should attract an 18 and 35 years old audience
- Artists programmed must be between 18 and 35 years old
- Open to festivals, biennales, art fairs or large-scale exhibitions