2020 British Council Connections through Culture Arts Mobility Grant in the UK and Southeast Asia
Deadline: November 4, 2019.
Connections Through Culture is a mobility grants programme run by the British Council in the UK and East Asia. The China programme has been supporting artists and arts professionals for more than a decade. In Taiwan, we started the first open call in July 2019.
This programme aims to develop exciting cultural exchanges and collaborations between artists, arts professionals and arts organisations, and to support long-lasting relationships between people from East Asia and the UK.
Celebrating the diverse cultural expression in both regions, the programme offers support, information, advice and networking opportunities for professional development. Grantees both from the UK and the East Asian countries benefit from the inspiration gained from exchanging ideas and sharing their cultural history.
Applicants living in the UK or in any of the six Southeast Asian countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) can apply for the grant:
- Cultural and Arts Professionals
- Representatives of Art Collectives, Networks or Organisations
Grants are offered to applicants working in the following areas: drama, dance, visual arts, literature, film, music, architecture, design and fashion.
- Up to £2,500 development grant for individual artists or professionals from the UK wishing to visit any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme
- Up to £3,500 development grant for individual artists or professionals from any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme wishing to visit the UK
- Up to £5,000 collaboration grant for representatives of groups in any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme wishing to visit the UK, and for representatives of groups in the UK to visit any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme