2020 bp Net Zero Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit in Germany
Deadline: June 24, 2020.
The world’s carbon budget is finite and running out fast; at bp we know the world needs a rapid transition to net zero. We all want energy that is reliable and affordable, but that is no longer enough. It must also be cleaner. This will require nothing short of reimagining energy for people and our planet.
bp has set an ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. This means dramatically reducing carbon in the company’s operations and production while growing new low carbon businesses, products and services.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/ or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritse candidates who are making an impact in at least one of the following areas
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind
- Improving access to energy
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries
- Advocating for proressive climate policies
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation between 21 – 26 April 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke bp programming including: pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.