2020 AnitaB.org Wogrammer Journalism Fellowship
Deadline: March 1, 2020.
As you probably know by now, Wogrammer has been acquired by AnitaB.org. They are proud to continue running our Journalism Fellowship as a new program brought to you by AnitaB.org.
They believe the best way to break stereotypes is through positive storytelling. As a Wogrammer Journalism Fellow, you will be a part of inspiring the next generation of intersectional women, girls, and non-binary individuals to pursue STEM careers by showcasing these underrepresented groups across a variety of industries. This Journalism Fellowship is an opportunity to help change how capable, competent intersectional women and non-binary individuals are discussed in the media, one story at a time.
- Eligible to work in the US
- At least 18 years old
- Passionate about increasing diversity in the tech industry
- A strong writer
- Open to the collaborative editorial process and constructive feedback
- Knowledgeable of technical terminology (is considered a plus, but not required)
- They’re looking for writers who are passionate about dispelling stereotypes and can commit to producing 12 inspiring stories. Each story profiles a technical individual’s accomplishments, aspirations, and journey.
- Your stories will be published on the Wogrammer platform comprised of our Medium publication, Wogrammer.org, and then promoted on our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) with a possibility of reaching ~4M readers every year. (Whoa!)
- You will be invited to special events, such as conferences, tech talks, and local meetups.
- You will become a member of the AnitaB.org community, giving you access to a network of like-minded individuals who are committed to inspiring others to pursue careers in tech.