2020 AKFC International Youth Fellowship program for Canadians
Deadline: January 31, 2020.
AKFC is searching for individuals who can demonstrate a commitment to international development, are driven by the desire to make a meaningful change in the world, and are ready to apply their skills and experience to a challenging overseas internship.
Founded in 1989, the AKFC International Youth Fellowship program is a 9-month professional development program for Canadians seeking hands-on experience in international development. The Fellowship includes three unique streams: International Development Management (IDM) and International Microfinance and Microenterprise (IMM). Fellows are placed with field partners in over 13 different countries.
All Fellows must meet the following application criteria:
- Hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution by April 30th, 2020, with a record of strong academic performance
- Will not be enrolled in any educational program for the duration of the Fellowship program (June 2020 – February 2021)
- Demonstrated a commitment to international development through related volunteer, professional or academic experience
- Be 30 year of age or under on or before January 31, 2020
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be fluent in English
- Present all appropriate documentation (CVs, degrees, transcripts, references, etc.)
AKFC covers most of the costs associated with living and working overseas including; travel, accommodation, vaccinations, health insurance, and a modest stipend to cover the cost of living. Successful candidates are required to make a one-time contribution of $1000.00 towards the costs of the Fellowship.