2020 Africa50’s Innovation Challenge for Africa Innovators
Deadline: Janaury 14, 2020.
Calling all developers, ICT experts, engineers and innovators, to join Africa50 in finding sustainable solutions to respond to Africa’s most critical and pressing infrastructure development challenges.
Africa50’s Innovation Challenge provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to get your solution in front of our investment team and project funding partners, as well as gain exposure in Africa’s leading tech events.
1. The call is open for innovators, engineers, entrepreneurs, ICT experts, individuals or organizations worldwide, to submit their workable solutions for implementation.
2. Innovations that meet the following criteria will be considered:
• Solutions at pilot and/or post-revenue stage
• Solutions must meet worldwide environmental, social and governance standards.
• Combinations of solutions are encouraged, including technological and deployment models, particularly those that work systemically and unlock a number of barriers to the challenges of last mile connectivity.
• Solutions may include physical infrastructure such as solar powered mobile masts and platforms, TV white-space technology, drones and local micro-nets, as well as innovative rural network deployment models.
• Novel ways of using existing technology and infrastructure, software or social engagement.
• Solutions to related issues such as energy access, supporting uptake and device affordability and usability are also encouraged.
• Solutions that have applicability in locations other than Rwanda are allowed. However, for this competition the solutions will be piloted in Rwanda.
1. Financial Reward: Cash prize and/or potential project development funding
2. Investor Connections: Access to B2B matching services to connect with new partners
3. Deal Opportunities: Integrate Africa50’s pipeline of bankable projects
4. Exposure and Influence: Opportunity to pitch your solution at AfricaCom and Transform Africa, the largest tech events in Africa
5. Technical Support: Technical support to improve your project’s investment readiness
6. Pan-African Footprint: Opportunity to scale your solution to Africa50’s shareholder countries
(27 at present)