2020 Africa Transformative Mobility Accelerator (ATMA) Programme for Startups from Kenya and Uganda.
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
Africa Transformative Mobility Accelerator (ATMA) will admit 8 startups for the 2020 cohort. The priority countries will be Kenya and Uganda. Through a competitive process, the program aims to admit transformative, practical, well researched and possibly tested solutions to urban mobility challenges in African Cities.
To qualify for the accelerator program your startup needs to meet the following eligibility requirements
1. Addressing access to sustainable mobility in the informal transport sector and working towards provision of a transformative solution to an urban mobility challenge
2. Operating in Kenya and/or Uganda
3. Must have a demonstrable product or service (Minimum Viable Product, MVP)
4. Be able to present an innovative and scalable solution to a well-articulated challenge
5. Preferably not older than 3 years since incorporation date (up for discussion)
6. Demonstrate ability to generate revenue
7. Have at least two members of the team
8. Have at least one member working full time (or have a clear pathway to this goal)
9. Be for profit
10. Be in early Stage/Seed, pre-series A
During the six-month acceleration period, the startups will benefit in several ways, including but not limited to:
1. Participate in four startup immersion trips in East Africa (Kenya and Uganda for the 2020 cohort)
2. Receive coaching and mentorship from local and international mobility and enterprise development experts
3. Network with mobility stakeholders, practitioners and enthusiasts in four separate sessions that will be organized in Nairobi and Kampala between May and September 2020
4. Attend a series of planned seminars that will be facilitated by subject matter experts in relevant topics such as mobility; value proposition design & problem solution fit; business modeling & product/service market fit; customer acquisition; financial modeling and investor relations
5. Pitch their solutions to a selected and curated pool of investors during the Africa Transformative Mobility Summit in October 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya
6. Receive a grant of up to $25,000 for the top startups during the mobility summit in October 2020