2019 Zonta International Foundation Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
Deadline: April 30, 2019
The Zonta International Foundation awarded the first Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships in 1998 to women pursuing degrees in business leading to a business management career. This program was established from a bequest by Jane M. Klausman, a member of the Zonta Club of Syracuse, New York, USA, and the 1990-1995 Zonta International Parliamentarian. During her career, Ms. Klausman was a professional secretary, parliamentarian and entrepreneur.
1. Women of any age, pursuing a business program with major field of specialization in accounting, finance, business management, marketing, operations management, human resources management, international business, or entrepreneurship at an accredited university/college/institute, who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field and are living or studying in a Zonta district/region, are eligible. Online students are also eligible to apply if enrolled at an accredited university/college/institute.
2. Students must be enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted to the local Zonta club. Applicants must be in school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed and must not graduate before December 2019.
3. Previous International Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship recipients may not apply to renew the Scholarship for a second year.
4. Classified members (club members and individuals with direct membership with Zonta International) and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, and their family members (ancestors, descendants, adoptees, siblings, nieces or cousins, and those of their spouse or co-habiting partner), are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
5. Golden Z club members may apply.
6. Note that applicants from geographic areas within a Zonta district/region where no clubs are located will be considered and are eligible to apply for the district/region and international awards
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Be undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute.
2. Enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted to the local Zonta club or district.
3. Applicants must still be attending school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed to receive this scholarship.
4. Must submit the Zonta International verification of current enrollment form with application materials. Acceptance letters are not verification of enrollment and will not be accepted.
5. Achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business subjects.
6. Demonstrated initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
1. The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field. Zonta International offers up to 32 scholarships of US$2,000
each at the district/region level and six international scholarships in the amount of US$8,000 each.
2. Any woman undertaking a business program at an accredited university/college/institute, including online students, in at least the
second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted, is eligible to apply.
3. The Scholarship may be used at any university, college or institute offering accredited courses and degrees.
Complete an official application in English. Please note that only typed applications will be accepted and considered. All non-English documents must be translated into English. The following documents are to be submitted in the
application package. Applications can be downloaded from the Zonta International website, (www.zonta.org) and must include:
1. One (1) recommendation from a faculty member in the major field of study.
2. One (1) recommendation from an employer, volunteer supervisor, or academic advisor. (Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to write recommendation letters for applicants.)
3. An essay of 500 words or less that clearly describes your academic and professional goals, the relevance of your program to the business field, and how the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship will assist you in reaching your goals. (Essays exceeding 500 words will not be considered.)
4. Zonta International verification of current enrollment form from the university/college/institute registrar.
5. List and include official detailed transcripts of grades or equivalent records for all universities, colleges or institutes attended with an explanation of the grading system for each transcript submitted. Note: Grades for current area of studies must be included to be considered.
6. All non-English documents must be translated into English.
7. All application materials must be received at the Zonta club by the deadline printed on the application. If the Zonta club contact information is not printed on the application, please locate a Zonta club nearest you by using the Club Locator at http://www.zonta.org, or email your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters at [email protected]. Please note that applicants may not apply to more than one Zonta district.
8. Articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
9. Applications that are incomplete or late due to postal delays, transmittal by third parties, or other circumstances will not be considered. Applications are accepted by email or regular mail; however, email submissions are preferred. Applications submitted by email must be signed and sent as a PDF.