2019 Yoti Fully funded Fellowship Programme
Deadline: June 15, 2019.
They are excited to announce the launch of the Yoti Fellowship Programme, one of the signature activities from our new Social Impact Strategy. From today we will be inviting applications from individuals interested in helping unlock the potential of digital identities with a particular focus on local, grassroots issues. In return, Fellows will be offered generous financial and logistical support, expenses and a chance to have their findings shared with the wider world.
We are primarily interested in issues, challenges and opportunities for digital identity in a local context. More specifically, we invite applications which focus on any of the following thematic areas.
- Unlocking the challenges of providing and managing identity solutions among refugee, migrant, marginalised or economically exploited communities or individuals.
- Studying the difficulties experienced by indigenous communities in establishing and proving identity, as well as claiming any state benefits they may be eligible for.
- Unpicking what ‘digital identity’ and identity more broadly means to communities in developing countries (including those living in or close to the last mile) and the NGOs and local organisations providing services to them.
- Any other issues which warrant investigation which are not yet part of the wider digital identity debate.
1. They invite proposals for research, media or policy development, or solutions development.
2. These proposals need to be based on three or four key themes related to identity or digital identity which merit further exposure, discussion, development or research. Outputs from the Fellow’s activities can be anything from a technical platform, a report, a website, a book, a policy paper, a film or any other medium relevant to the proposal.
3. Applicants may be based anywhere, although preference will be given to those from the developing world.
4. A short concept note will be required along with a current CV and the names of at least one referee. This is so we can be confident that the Fellow is qualified and able to deliver on their proposal.
1. Fellows will be supported with a generous payment of £30,000 (approximately US$38,000) paid in equal installments over the course of the year, and receive logistical and technical support from Yoti.
2. A small budget for project travel and other expenses up to a maximum of £5,000 will also be available.
3. All work produced will be made publicly and freely available on completion of the Fellowship.
You can find the full terms and conditions and other Programme details in our application pack here. You can send any questions to the team at [email protected] with the subject ‘Yoti Fellowship Programme’.