2019 World Press Photo Foundation West Africa Visual Journalism Fellowship
Deadline: October 15, 2019.
The World Press Photo Foundation, in collaboration with The Chocolonely Foundation , is launching the West African Visual Journalism Fellowship (WAVJF). To run in 2020, this program is a one-year fellowship for three emerging visual journalists and storytellers to contribute to investigative journalism in West Africa.
This program is for one fellow from Burkina Faso, Ghana and Ivory Coast, who will choose stories from their communities in West Africa. These stories will be published by the local community.
1. The fellowship is open to emerging visual writers who are a national of Burkina Faso, Ghana, or the Ivory Coast.
2. Candidates can apply themselves or be nominated.
3. Candidates need to demonstrate their ability as a professional image maker and their potential as a visual journalist and storyteller.
The West Africa Visual Journalism Fellowship will support three emerging visual and storytellers from Burkina Faso, Ghana, and the Ivory Coast. Fell fell The……………………………….. The fellowship will include:
- A production grant of € 5000 to undertake a journalism project of their choice in their communities in West Africa
- A grant of € 5000 to help cover their living expenses while they are reporting and producing their story
- Workshops on location in Ghana with selected local and international professionals to help plan the fellow’s projects and introduce the solutions focus to visual journalism
- Mentors who will individually guide the development, production, and post-production of the fellows’ project as well as general career advice and coaching
Candidates must complete an application form and include a:
- CV / resume
- digital portfolio of visual work
To nominate a candidate: email Juliette Garms, Programs and Outreach Coordinator, World Press Photo Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection committee will review all submissions and select one applicant by country, taking into consideration gender and other dimensions of diversity.