2019 World Health Organization (WHO) Administrative Assistant Recruitment
Deadline: September 12, 2019.
The Revolving Fund Special Program for Vaccine Procurement is a component of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)’s technical cooperation with its Member States and a key contributor to the success in eliminating vaccine preventable diseases. It provides leadership, direction, support and assistance to Member States for the continuous supply of quality vaccines and related supplies and promotes rapid introduction of new life-saving vaccines. It also provides strategic direction on vaccine procurement to Executive Management, PAHO/WHO Representatives (PWRs), Department Directors and the Comprehensive Family Immunization Unit, and develops strategies and leads negotiations with suppliers to ensure best pricing for countries.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Management Specialist (RFV), and the general supervision of the Chief, Special Program, Revolving Fund for Vaccine Procurement, the incumbent is responsible for, but not limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Perform administrative support functions with consistent attention to detail, including but not limited to maintaining the Chief’s agenda, place and answer telephone calls, handle those of routine nature or forward the call to the corresponding officer(s), receive visitors; maintain the calendar of appointments and deadlines; prepare routine correspondence in English and Spanish; draft articles, reports, technical documents, charts, and a variety of correspondence involving the use of technical terminology; prepare agendas and other material for use on official trips or special meetings;
- Review all incoming correspondence which require action by RFV; identify urgent matters, and ensure that these are handled expeditiously, determining which can be answered by specific Office personnel; gather necessary background documentation for correspondence requiring action; make recommendations regarding the appropriate action to be taken; monitor that deadlines for responses are met; follow up with various personnel in the Unit for the submission of reports and formulation of correspondence;
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, technical reports and articles by reviewing, correcting and/or rewriting texts to improve clarity, conciseness and, coherence; prepare and verify the content of tables, graphs, and charts; follow-up on the submission of reports and correspondence in order to meet established deadlines;
- Serve as liaison regarding logistical and operational processes and activities, as well as with other offices throughout the Organization; communicate procedures to be followed for meetings of Governing Bodies, Advisory Committees, etc..
1.Certificate of completion of High school.
7. Word processing in accordance with established standards.
8. Proficiency in the use of computer software in accordance with assigned responsibilities.
9. Ability to write/originate routine and non-routine correspondence and reports in English and Spanish.
10. Ability to prepare working translations.
11. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and carry out administrative processes such as: meetings, recruitment of staff, personnel matters, preparation of formal publications, budget and expenditures records, acquisition of supplies.
12. Ability to research, analyze and organize information in order to prepare charts, graphics, reports, etc.
13. Ability to coordinate, monitor and control administrative services affecting several projects and involving the allocation of work, developing/adjusting operational procedures, evaluating priorities, coordinating and supporting internal day-to-day activities, etc.
14. Very good knowledge of English and Spanish.
15. Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as WebEx, Tableau, Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
Annual salary of US$42,610.00