2019 World Federation of Neurology Fellowship for Africans at Cairo University
Deadline: July 5, 2019.
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN), with support from the Association of British Neurologists, is again pleased to partner with the WFN Teaching Centre – the Department of Neurology of Cairo University, Visiting Fellowship Programme for one newly trained African neurologist.
The WFN has 120 member societies and six regional organisations and aims to foster brain health worldwide, working in partnership with the World Health Organisation (WHO) and others. The Association of British Neurologists (ABN) is a member society of the WFN and promotes the education of neurological trainees and is motivated to extend this to Africa.
- In addition to graduation from a medical school, the applicant must have recently completed his/her neurology training.
- The applicant must be a resident of an African country
- The applicant must be born after 31.12.1975
- English proficiency: oral and written.
The Fellow will receive the following support for the training period:
- Reimbursement for one economy round trip ticket from the Fellow’s country of residence to Cairo, Egypt (once per year)
- Free accommodation
- A monthly allowance for living expenses (food and beverage)
Attention: Please note that support is provided for the visiting fellow only, and does not include family or dependents. WFN is not responsible for financial issues other than related to the project.
Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae, a supporting statement and a letter of recommendation from their Head of Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th July 2019
For any questions regarding the application, please contact the same at email@example.com or by writing to Mrs Jade Levy, Executive Assistant Education Project Coordinator at the WFN Education Committee:
World Federation of Neurology
81-83 Fulham High Street
Tel.: +44 (0)20 3542 1657