2019 Women in Finance Institute 100WF CAIA Charter Scholarship
Deadline: February 22, 2019.
The 100 Women in Finance Institute provides members with unique educational opportunities and scholarships to attract more women to the industry and empower them to advance.
100 Women in Finance (100WF) is pleased to announce the ninth year of the 100WF CAIA Charter Scholars program. The scholarship opportunity is open to 100WF members globally interested in pursuing a career in alternative investment management with a specific focus on portfolio management.
The Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Foundation will award ten scholarships to extraordinary women to pursue the CAIA Charter beginning with the Level I exam in September 2019. The 100WF CAIA Charter Scholars program is generously underwritten by PAAMCO in support of women seeking to earn the CAIA Charter designation, the highest standard of education in alternative investments.
- Possess a minimum of one-year of professional experience in the alternative investments industry
- Pursue a career in alternative investment management with a specific focus on portfolio management
- Be a 100 Women in Finance member in good standing. New members should register here. Current members should review their member profile details here.
- Ensure your employer does not currently reimburse the cost of the CAIA program
- Commit to register for the Level l CAIA exam in September 2019
- Commit to completing the program (pass Level I and Level II exams) within three years of initial registration
- Confirm you have not previously taken a CAIA Exam
- Agree, if selected, to serve as an organizational steward for CAIA by participating in organizational events and/or activities
- Allow CAIA to use your name, name of employer, photo, and/or excerpts from essay responses in support of CAIA marketing and communications campaigns
- Personally incur any retake costs or updated materials costs due to retakes
- CAIA will waive enrollment and first-time registration fees for its Level I and II exams
- CAIA will provide its Knowledge Series textbooks (courtesy Wiley Publishing)
- CAIA will provide access to the CFA Standards of Practice Handbook, 11th edition
- Awardees may elect the Kaplan Schweser CAIA Level I and II Premium Instruction Study Solution® OR the UpperMark Platinum Suite Study Package
- CAIA will waive the first year of its CAIA Association membership fee