2019 Voices for Diagnosis Community Prize
Deadline: March 31, 2019.
Voices for Diagnosis is an annual prize, launched in 2018, to recognize individuals and organizations that implement innovative approaches to improve access to and create demand for timely, cost-effective diagnostic solutions for infectious diseases in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The prize is adjudicated and supported by the Diagnostics Ambassadors, an informal network of thought leaders from diverse disciplines who help champion the important role played by diagnostics in global health.
Despite being pivotal for guiding the best treatment for patients, preventing the spread of disease and antimicrobial resistance, and enhancing surveillance for early disease detection and monitoring, diagnostics remain under-resourced and overlooked. Raising the profile of diagnostics in order to enhance access and spur behaviour change to support their uptake is pivotal to transforming patient experiences when faced with some of the world’s most deadly infectious diseases.
Formal or informal patient groups, advocacy organizations, or other non-governmental organizations, including implementing bodies, are invited to apply.
Initiatives may address topics such as (but not limited to):
- Behaviour change in clinical practice
- Patient / healthcare provider education
- Innovative use of technology (e.g. artificial intelligence, crowdsourcing or social media)
1. Three awards of US$10,000 each will be presented for initiatives that have taken innovative approaches to decrease the inappropriate prescription of antibiotics through better diagnostic solutions, to advance the work being done.
2. FIND will promote the winning initiatives with the global health community and other stakeholders. Winners will also be published on the FIND website, promoted among FIND’s stakeholders, and shared with the global media via press release.
3. In addition, as relevant and at the discretion of FIND and the Diagnostics Ambassadors, speaking platform(s) may also be offered at regional or global events.
Submissions will be reviewed by FIND and members of the Diagnostics Ambassador network. The following factors will be considered in choosing the winning applicants:
- Impact of the initiative in terms of improved patient outcomes, improved access, and/or cost effectiveness
- Degree to which the innovation/initiative is a significant improvement on previous approaches
- Practicality for replicating the approach in other settings and regions
- Testimony by patients, healthcare providers, and implementers
- Download the application form using the button below and save the form to your desktop. Open it using Adobe Acrobat, complete the form, and resave.
- Provide 2 testimonial statements from organizations or individuals acknowledging the value of your initiative and the impact it has had.
- Send the completed submission form and the 2 testimonials to: [email protected]