2019 UNWTO Sports Tourism Start-up Competition.
Deadline: August 15, 2019.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), in collaboration with Futbol Club Barcelona, presents the 1st UNWTO Sports Tourism Start-up Competition.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. As the leading international organization in the field of tourism, UNWTO promotes tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability and offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide.
They are looking for startups with most disruptive ideas focused on solving real needs in the tourism and gastronomy sector with a responsible approach.
In particular, we are targeting startups that are:
1. Startups in the Early Stage or Series A Stage
2. Both for-profit and non-profit
3. Natural or legal persons
4. Startups with a minimum viable product (MVP)
5. Startups with potential for scalability
6. Startups with a sustainable vision
1. 20 selected start-ups will be shortlisted by a panel of international experts and stakeholders from the sports and tourism sectors (public & private sector, academia & civil society)
2. The 5 finalist startup will have the opportunity to pitch their idea to a panel of experts, government, industry leaders and international investors who will attend the mobile world congress to be held in Barcelona on 25-28 February, 2020.
- Innovation and disruptiveness
- Potential impact and scalability
- Initially validated or tested business model
- Partnership Readiness
- Solutions related with tourism, sports and SDGs
- Suitable and committed team
- Sustainability in the value proposition
- Technological or digital component