2019 UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme
Deadline: September 30, 2019.
UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme gives registered doctoral students the opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research on developing economies, and to work with our researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Visiting PhD fellows typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. During their time in Helsinki, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
2. Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
3. Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
4. Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
5. The programme is especially addressed at researchers at later stages of their PhD.
1. UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER).
2. A monthly stipend of EUR 1,650 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship.
3. The programme does not provide services or cover expenses related to dependents.