2019 UNRISD Social Policy and Development Internship in Geneva
Deadline: May 12, 2019.
The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous research institute within the UN system that undertakes interdisciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of contemporary development issues. Through our work, we aim to ensure that social equity, inclusion and justice are central to development thinking, policy and practice.
UNRISD is now accepting applications for an internship position, starting in June 2019, to assist with work related to its Social Policy and Development programme. This will include preparing final publications for a research project on New Directions in Social Policy: Alternatives From and For the Global South, as well as activities related to new project development.
- provide research assistance for the projects indicated above, and other related projects as required;
- assist with proofreading, copyediting and preparing publications;
- contribute to ongoing tasks related to project development, fundraising activities and general administration;
- produce a short paper, literature review, article or similar output, on a subject related to the Social Policy for Development programme.
- The applicant should be pursuing, or have completed, a degree in social policy, development policy, public policy or another related social science discipline, dealing with developing countries as cases;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proofreading skills in English, other UN languages an asset;
- Ability to work effectively on a team; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and take initiative.
- An interest in topics covered by the above-mentioned projects/events.