2019 UNODC Regional Conference for CSOs in Southern Africa
Deadline: August 16, 2019.
This is a call for application for civil society organizations (CSOs) to participate in the Regional Conference Fast-tracking the Implementation of UNCAC in Southern Africa. The conference will take place from 14-18 October 2019 in Livingstone, Zambia.
This conference seeks to build on the momentum generated by the UK Anti-Corruption Summit that took place in London in May 2016, foster partnerships and create a regional platform to fast track the implementation of the United Nations Convention against Corruption in Southern Africa.
The purpose of the platform is to leverage means and actions to accelerate UNCAC implementation:
– taking stock of UNCAC implementation within the various participating countries;
– identifying common priorities and cross-cutting technical assistance needs for follow up at regional and national levels;
– sharing and identifying good practices in implementing priority UNCAC articles;
– matching technical assistance demand with supply, identifying any remaining challenges and technical assistance gaps;
– generating ideas on how to energize the implementation of relevant key articles of UNCAC, based on identified regional priorities.
1. Only Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) based in Southern Africa, namely Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe are eligible can apply.
2. Organizations and representatives with experience in conducting monitoring, legal analysis, drafting reports, working with the private sector and governmental counterparts. The organization’s potential to make useful contributions to the recommendations adopted and follow-up activities will be taken into consideration.
3. Other elements such as geographical balance across the continent, diverse ideological and professional backgrounds; ethnic and social diversity will also be considered in the final selection of participants.
Only one representative per organization can apply. UNODC will sponsor his/her participation.
Fill in the application form below and send it together with the up-to-date CV of the person who wishes to attend the training to email@example.com by 16 August 2019.