2019 United Nations Youth Climate Summit
Deadline: July 19, 2019.
The UN Youth Climate Summit is a platform for young leaders who are driving climate action to showcase their solutions at the United Nations, and to meaningfully engage with decision-makers on the defining issue of our time.
This historic event will take place on Saturday, September 21 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, as part of a weekend of events leading up to the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Action Summit on Monday, September 23.
The Youth Climate Summit will feature a full-day of programming that brings together young activists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and change-makers who are committed to combating climate change at the pace and scale needed to meet the challenge. It will be action oriented, intergenerational, and inclusive, with equal representation of young leaders from all walks of life.
1. Young people between the ages of 18 and 29 are invited to attend the Youth Climate Summit on September 21, and the UN seeks strong participation from young leaders in the Global South.
2. To attend the summit, interested youth must apply by July 19. Attendees will be selected based on their demonstrated commitment to addressing the climate crisis and their displayed leadership in advancing solutions.
3. Climate leaders under the age of 18 have the opportunity to attend through a nomination process.
4. Organizations interested in nominating young leaders under the age of 18 should email Yassamin Ansari ([email protected]) for additional information.
1. Develop an innovative, technology-based solution to climate change, and submit your idea to the UN’s Summer of Solutions.
2. Nominate yourself or a friend to be considered as a 2019 SDG Pioneer by the UN Global Compact.
3. Commit to individual actions that reduce your environmental footprint with the UN’s ActNow Climate Campaign or the Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World.