2019 United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award
Deadline: April 30, 2019.
The search for the United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award is on! Applications are being accepted from 11 February through 30 April 2019. Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you are leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, we want to hear from you!
Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2019 Lighthouse Activity.
If your project is selected as a winning activity under the Women for Results, Planetary Health, or Climate Neutral Now categories*, you will receive a wide range of benefits,
1. Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Chile.
2. Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference.
3. Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training.
4. Marketing materials, including promotional videos.
5. A dedicated page about your project on our website and professional photography.
6. Winning projects under the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment category will need to be self-funded to the conference and provide their own video and photo materials
1. To start a new application, register in our online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application.
2. You can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience.
3. Completed applications must be submitted by midnight GMT on 30 April 2019.