2019 United Nations Environment Programme Finance Assistant Vacancy Nairobi
Deadline: January 3, 2019.
TThe United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment’s Science Division is responsible for analyzing the state of the global environment, providing early warning information and assessing global and regional environmental trends to catalyze and promote international
cooperation and action on the environment. This post is located in the Finance unit of the Science Division at the Nairobi Duty Station.
1. Maintains an up to date status of allotments for all the Funds under SAB
2. Provides information on any variances on the funds and ensures that there are no overspending on the grants.
3. Keeps track of incoming funds ensuring that they are applied to the correct grants upon receipt.
4. Follows up on donor reports with the respective Programme officers within SAB and ensure timely submission of the same to the respective Donors.
5. Acts as the focal points for all Finance and Budgets queries for the Branch.
6. Achieving the above objectives will contribute towards raising UN Environment’s profile within the environment debate, which will in turn help increase the level of support requested from governments as well as financial support from donors.
7. Under the general guidance of the responsible Finance/Budget Officer(s) and/or the Head of the organizational unit, contributes to effective budget formulation/preparation, implementation, monitoring and safeguarding of the financial resources of the Organization by providing specialized assistance to more senior staff in the assigned areas of responsibility.
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent
2. At least 2 years experience in Finance/related field
3. Must have an understanding of the underpinning of the Financial management, reporting and analysis.
4. Candidates must have working experience in Microsoft excel
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines is essential.
6. Computer skills: Experience in Microsoft excel.
7. Language skills: Proficient in English, and knowledge of any other UN language is an advantage.
8. This assignment is for Kenyan nationals only