2019 Union Bank edTech Challenge for Nigerians
Deadline: August 23, 2019.
The 2019 Union Bank edTech Challenge is the third edition of the annual Innovation Challenge series and aims to discover, showcase and support innovative, cutting-edge technologies with the potential to transform Nigeria’s education system. The Challenge reinforces our commitment to innovation and education, underpinning our dedication to enabling success in Nigeria.
They are looking for solutions that meet the needs of the Education Ecosystem/Stakeholders: Students, Teachers, Parents, School Owners/ Administrators, and Policy Makers/ Regulators. For example, a solution on improving student learning, a hub for lesson teachers, solution on rating schools in different areas or subjects to name a few
1. The Challenge is open to anyone with solutions that demonstrate a strong potential to transform the education system in Nigeria including but not limited to students, teachers, developers, designers, fintechs, tech companies etc
2. The call is for solutions – prototypes, minimum viable products and not ideas.
• Access to Acceleration program: The Top 10 entries will be admitted into an acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, and a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships.
• Access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
• Funding support towards scaling up a solution: The top 3 entries will receive a sum of N5m (1st – N2.5m; 2nd – N1.5m and 3rd – N1m)
• Venture support to the winners which includes; supporting each solution to scale which will include linking and identifying relevant stakeholder to buy into a solution and providing specialized support based on the specific needs and advisory regarding the deployment and management of funding received