2019 UNIDO Training course on Gender and Industrial Development
Deadline: September 13, 2019.
The training programme on Gender and Industrial Development is organized by UNIDO in cooperation with the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) Bahrain and supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and the Arab International Center for Entrepreneurship & Investment.
This year`s training course will be conducted for countries from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Participants will learn how to analyze and measure the links between gender inequalities and industrial development and design policies and programmes to promote women’s economic empowerment, based on best practices and country examples.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply basic concepts and principles of gender equality to industrial development issues; applying an intersectional perspective;
- Describe roles, opportunities, and constraints for women in industry related to structural change, sectoral and occupational segregation, growth of informal economies, and gender-wage gap;
- Identify gender patterns in manufacturing, including the manner in which industrial development impacts women’s economic empowerment and the ways gender inequality impacts industrial performance and competitiveness;
- Understand how automation, technology and innovation can impact women and men differently, including identifying gender bias in policies and its negative effects on sustainable growth, employment and division of labour;
- Understand gender issues and biases that should be taken into account in data collection and analysis, as well as the importance of sex-disaggregated data and gender-related indicators;
- Identify bottlenecks and prioritize policy measures to advance the position of women managers, workers and entrepreneurs in different sectors and contexts, especially focusing on key sectors or thematic policy areas with a high potential to drive a green economy transition.
1. Participation in the course is open to high- and mid-level professionals from Arab and African countries that are engaged in the field of industrial development, as well as national leaders in women’s economic empowerment.
2. Seniority is the key selection determinant for participation.
3. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
4. Application are welcome countries from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
The course will be delivered free-of-charge, including accommodation, catering and travel.
To apply, please fill out the online form at: https://capacitydevelopment.unido.org/gender2019-application