2019 UNICEF Nigeria International Consultant Vacancy
Deadline: April 11, 2019.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
The purpose of this consultancy is to lead the programme planning for the Public Financing for Children (PF4C) component under Output 6.1.2 of UNICEF Nigeria Child Protection Rolling Work Plan 2019-2020 with the Federal Government of Nigeria. Leading the PF4C programme planning includes the monitoring and implementation of activities, the completion and implementation of advocacy strategies with key governmental stakeholders, the provision of technical assistance for submission of child protection inclusive budgets by key MDAs at federal and state level, the development and dissemination of related budgetary guidelines to inform the future budgetary cycles, the replication of the PF4C strategy in additional Nigerian states, the initiation of a study on the impact of PF4C in Nigeria, and the recruitment and coordination of expert consultancy firms and individual consultants.
- Advanced university degree in social science, finance and economic sciences, or related field (Masters or equivalent level)
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience in Child Protection and/or Social Policy programme management
- Experience in policy/advocacy, specifically and specifically in the field of for budgeting and financing is a strong asset
- Abreast with latest development in the field of public finances and budgeting an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Experience with UNICEF is desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working with government is an asset
- Experience working in Nigeria and/or the region is desirable