2019 UNFPA Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program for Ghanaians
Deadline: September 23, 2019.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has the mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program. The YoLe Fellowship Program is also aligned to the priority areas of the 2010 Ghana National Youth Policy, which include skills training in ICT, gender mainstreaming, networking and partnership, mentoring and reproductive health and rights for young people.
Interested persons must:
- be a graduate of a Ghanaian tertiary institution between the ages of 18 and 26
- demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
- commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow
- be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills
- possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23rd September, 2019. . Please use Subject Line: UNFPA/YLFP/20I9.