2019 UNFPA and UN Volunteer Population Data Fellowships
Deadline: July 14, 2019.
UNV and the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), in partnership, have launched a Population Data Fellowship Programme. This initiative will provide early-career professionals with the opportunity to contribute to UNFPA’s technical work on population and development, while at the same time the Fellows will be introduced to the fields of civil registration and vital statistics.
The UN Volunteer Population Data Fellows will work with UNFPA in advancing applied research, technical assistance and capacity building in civil registration and vital statistics; in close collaboration with national statistics offices, civil registration authorities and related UNFPA institutional partners.
The fellowship programme provides an opportunity to bring eight early-career professionals into UNFPA, offering participants a unique opportunity for professional development. Enabling professionals to realise their full learning and career development is a key aspect of this UNV-UNFPA partnership.
1. UNV will recruit professionals from around the world who have preferably a Masters degree and at least two years of professional experience related to demography, data science, applied statistics, or mixed methods research.
2. Candidates should demonstrate commitment to UNFPA’s mandate through academic, extra-curricular or volunteer activities.
1. UN Volunteer Population Data Fellows will profit from online learning tools and courses, as well as individual career coaching.
2. Fellows will also attend an onboarding workshop early in their assignment and a leadership and career development workshop before the end of their assignment.
3. The UN Volunteer Population Data Fellows will be fully integrated into UNFPA’s work to ensure maximum learning, exposure and professional development.
4. UNFPA will provide technical induction, fostering a community of practice and peer-to-peer learning among participants, ongoing monitoring and opportunities for on-the-job training.
Check out available assignments below
New York, USA