2019 UNE PhD.I Research Award Scholarship
Deadline: March 1, 2019.
The UNE PhD. Innovation Research Award (UNE PIRA) Scholarship is offered to top quality international candidates who wish to enrol in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) (PhD.I) research degree at UNE.
For students undertaking a PhD.I, the scholarship will be for a period of four years full-time. The student will be required to undertake the first and last year of study on campus at UNE. The second and third years will be undertaken in the home country, conducting research within the candidates’ industry/professional context. Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in an appropriate industry/professional context, which could include support from government or non –government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This industry/professional partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- our UNE PIRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a PhD.I at UNE.
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature in July 2019.
- Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in a suitable industry context, which could include government or non–government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This industry partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
A fixed rate of AU$27,596 per annum, tax free for full-time candidates, paid in fortnightly instalments.
1. Please make sure you read the International Students Scholarship Application Guidelines.
2. Complete the International Students Scholarship Application Form.
3. Detailed instructions are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
4. All applicants must provide two referee reports. The University will not request reports on your behalf.
5. Referees must be qualified to speak with knowledge about your work during the qualification most relevant to this application and on your capacity for research. If you are also basing this application on relevant work experience/training, at least one of your referees must be able to comment on your relevant experience.
6. You must also provide contact details of your referees on the application form and ask them to submit their written reports directly to the University on the Referee’s Report Form.
7. Please follow the link for more information about the Doctor of Philosophy Innovation (PhD.I).
Any enquiries relating to the PhD.I should be made to PhD.Innovation@une.edu.au.