2019 UNAOC Intercultural Innovation Award
Deadline: May 31, 2019.
The Intercultural Innovation Award is a partnership between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group that selects and supports the most innovative grassroots projects that encourage intercultural dialogue and work toward a more peaceful and socially inclusive world by building mutual respect among peoples of different cultural and religious identities, rejecting violent extremism and embracing diversity.
1. Eligible to apply for the Intercultural Innovation Award are not-for-profit organizations managing projects focused on promoting intercultural dialogue and understanding.
2. Those who are willing to expand their range of action. Examples include projects in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for global citizenship, interfaith dialogue, migration and integration, prevention of violent extremism, as well as initiatives addressing the needs of specific groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, women, media, etc.)
1. The Intercultural Innovation Award is bestowed upon ten organizations. Awardees receive one year of support from UNAOC and the BMW Group, which will assist their projects to increase their effectiveness.
2. Support will also be provided to successful projects so that they can be replicated in other contexts or settings where they might be relevant.
3. The specific support received will depend on the individual needs of the projects.