2019 UN Youth Climate Summit Blogger Fellowship
Deadline: August 18, 2019.
The UN Youth Climate Summit is a platform for young leaders who are driving climate action to showcase their solutions at the United Nations, and to meaningfully engage with decision-makers on the defining issue of our time.
This historic event will take place on Saturday, September 21 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, as part of a weekend of events leading up to the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Action Summit on Monday, September 23.
The Youth Climate Summit will feature a full-day of programming that brings together young activists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and change-makers who are committed to combating climate change at the pace and scale needed to meet the challenge. It will be action oriented, intergenerational, and inclusive, with equal representation of young leaders from all walks of life.
- Must attend at least one virtual training prior to the Summit
- Must be between the ages of 14-29 as of September 21, 2019
- Must be a current active member of UNA-USA
- Demonstrated writing and social media skills
- A desire to continue writing for UNA-USA throughout the year
1. The fellowship includes virtual access to the UN Youth Climate Summit, opportunities to publish your work with UNA-USA and other outlets, networking opportunities with global leaders and change-makers, communications training, and more.
2. You can participate either in-person at the UN or virtually through the live-stream video and UNA-USA slack channel. All expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
3. Please note that UNA-USA is unable to guarantee in-person access for all Fellows and is encouraging virtual participation as a way to reduce your carbon footprint.