2019 UN Technology Innovation Labs: Reboot the Earth Tech Challenge
Deadline: August 1, 2019.
Reboot The Earth is planned as a social coding event that brings young computer programmers, scientists and other interested people together under the auspices of the United Nations to improve upon or build a new software program that addresses the current climate crisis.
1. Teams can have maximum of 5 members.
2. All participants should be less than 35 years of age, on the day of the registration.
3. All of the Reboot the Earth Tech Challenges will be conducted in English.
4. The organizer does not cover the cost of travel to the Tech Challenge venues. Participants will need to cover their own cost of travel, accommodations, etc.
July 1, 2019 – Grand Launch: Team registration
August 1, 2019 – Team Selection: Selected teams will be emailed with more information.
August 14-19, 2019 – Reboot the Earth Tech Challenges held in Egypt, Finland, India, and Malaysia (Exact location and dates will be announced at a later date)
September 18-19, 2019 Reboot the Earth Tech Challenge in New York City, USA
September 21, 2019 – Award Ceremony at the United Nations Headquarter in New York City, USA
1. The winning team from each Tech Challenge locations will be invited to New York City to the “Reboot the Earth” Award ceremony taking place on September 21, 2019 at the side event of the United Nations Climate Action Summit 2019.
2. The winning solution has a chance to be incubated at one of the global United Nations Technology Innovation Labs.