2019 UN City Internships Programs
1. Internship – UN Women Nordic Liaison Office
Deadline: March 17, 2019.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women Nordic Office, located in UN City in Copenhagen, works through on-going dialogue,lectures, public events, private sector partnerships and outreach to keep governments,parliamentarians, private sector, media and other partners informed about UN Women’s work and its essential role within gender equality and women’s empowerment. The Nordic Office also co-operates closely with sister UN organizations, national and international organizations in the Nordic region.
The internship will start 01 August 2019 and end 31 January 2020. Under the supervision of the Director of the UN Women’s Nordic Office, your main duties are:
1. Carry out national political surveillance on issues related to the work and
mandate of UN Women and report on relevant developments in government
policies in the respective countries.
2. Monitor national media in Nordic countries on issues related to the work and
mandate of UN Women and report on relevant media coverage, including
sending out a bi-weekly news update.
3. Assist in identifying opportunities for UN Women cooperation with the private
4. Translate and distribute corporate updates, statements and press-releases
through national media outlets and write executive summaries on relevant
documents and reports.
5. Support in the preparation and coordination of high-level visits of UN Women
officials to the region, including drafting of briefing notes and talking points for
UN Women officials.
6. Support communication efforts and organize outreach activities with private
sector and foundations, and set up meetings and events to promote and
improve UN Women´s private sector cooperation.
7. Participate in, and provide input to, joint advocacy and communication activities
with UN sister organizations.
8. Host visits and present UN Women to students and other visitors;
9. Handle inquiries from students and the public;
10. Any other duties as required.
1. Completed at least two years of undergraduate study.
2. Be currently enrolled in a university or graduate school or have attended courses in the past 12 months.
3. A strong command of written and spoken English.
4. Preferably excellent written communication skills in a Nordic language.
1. Send your application in English consisting of a CV and a cover letter (preferably in one document) to Maare Käis ([email protected]) no later than 17th of March 2019.
2. Please mark the subject of your e-mail and application: Internship Fall 2019_Your Name_Your Country.
2. Internship UNFPA Nordic Office UN City, Copenhagen
Deadline: March 17, 2019.
UNFPA is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. UNFPA is
working to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is
safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. The UNFPA Nordic Office serves
to liaise with key external partners including governments, parliaments, NGOs and
media in the Nordic countries covered by the office.
1. Analysis / Communication / Media related assignments
2. Political analysis; updating donor profiles of countries covered by UNFPA
Nordic Office with emphasis on ODA policies and the UNFPA mandate.
3. Media monitoring in all the countries covered by the Nordic Office.
4. Preparing electronic newsletters to partners in the Nordic countries as well
as internally in UNFPA.
5. Translation and drafting of articles, op-eds and other journalistic work.
6. Maintain UNFPA Nordic Office social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook
7. Undertake presentations for groups of students.
8. Update contact database of key partners in the Nordic countries.
1. Assist in the planning of high-level visits / travels.
2. Assist in organizing logistics and communication in relation to events and
3. Assist in other related duties as required, including administrative tasks
and joint activities with the UN agencies in Copenhagen.
1. Student of Political Science / International Relations / Development Studies / Global Health / Communication, or related field.
2. Demonstrated interest in development and gender issues and particularly,sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
3. Fluency in a Nordic language and fluency in English is mandatory,knowledge of other Nordic languages is an asset.
4. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software package.
5. Knowledge of InDesign and/or photoediting is an asset.
6. Experience with public information work, events, campaigns and outreach.
7. Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
Please send your application with cover letter and CV in one pdf-file (named
firstname and lastname) by email to [email protected], no later than
17 March. Write “Application internship” in the email subject line.