2019 U.S. Department of State’s GIST Business Incubation for Science and Technology Innovators
Deadline: July 31, 2019.
The U.S. Department of State’s Global Innovation through Science and Technology, or GIST, Initiative is excited to announce a new program for entrepreneurs in emerging economies. GIST Business Incubation will support international science and technology innovators who are looking to expand their startups into the United States market. It will also provide the U.S. startup ecosystem the opportunity to forge new connections with entrepreneurs who are abroad.
You must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Only one member from your team can participate in this program.
- Only applicants from GIST eligible countries are allowed to apply. Click here to determine if your passport is from a GIST eligible country.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 40.
- You must be a proficient English speakers. This program will not include language interpretation.
- All startups must be in the science or technology sector.
1. The 2019 GIST Business Incubation program will provide entrepreneurs with exposure to the U.S. market and startup resources.
2. While in residence with the program, participants will work on refining their ideas, building their business plans, and finding the right market for their product.
3. Participating entrepreneurs will also have the opportunity to network within the startup ecosystem where they are placed.
1) Click on the APPLY button below to begin your application. If you are not already logged into your GIST Network account, you will be asked to do so. If you do not have a GIST Network, you will be asked to make one in order to proceed to the application.
2) Once logged in, the system will automatically move you to the application page.
3) Please fill out every required section of the form before saving your application. Required questions are marked with a red asterisk*
4) If you choose to make changes to your application, you can access it from the dashboard on your GIST Network profile. You are allowed to make changes to your submission until the application deadline.