2019 Twitter Public Policy Manager – SubSaharan Africa (Dublin) Recruitment
Twitter is a worldwide communications platform that is changing how people interact and communicate at home and at work. Public policy issues posed by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communications services now arise in regulatory bodies and legislatures around the world.
As a Twitter Public Policy team, this will be your opportunity to be part of this conversation and actively assist in the development and advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues.
- Monitor public policy issues of importance to Twitter and our users across the SubSaharan Africa region , including in the national legislative and executive branches, government and regulatory bodies and public institutions.
- Provide front-line support on issues requiring engagement, solving problems and escalating to internal colleagues as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and lawmakers.
- Meet with key government, political, and media representatives to help them understand Twitter and advance policy beneficial to Twitter and our users.
- Represent Twitter at high tech industry gatherings and coalition meetings; speak publicly on policy panels at events and conventions.
- Conduct research into tech policy issues, working with other Twitter team members to fashion policy solutions that meet the legitimate needs of policymakers while advancing the interests of our users.
- Work with colleagues in the Public Policy team to develop and implement our strategy for corporate social responsibility.
- University degree; advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience in government, politics, or public policy with deep familiarity across all three disciplines
- Understanding of laws and regulation important to Twitter and our users
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Reasonable fluency in social media and high technology
- A passion about the power of communications to change the world for the better
- Fluency in English and additional language proficiency an advantage
- Please apply with an English language CV.